Wednesday, November 10, 2010

twitter.com/IbnJuferi now belongs to me!



Thanks to Twitter support staff, I finally registered the twitter.com/IbnJuferi account which rightfully belongs to me, me and ONLY ME in the first place.

The Story: After my complaint several months ago that got the imposter pretending to be me banned from Twitter, I decided that I should get this brand name to promote my small network of blogs using the "ibnjuferi" brand. So I sent an e-mail to Twitter support early this morning, asking whether I could obtain that sabotaged account. A few minutes ago, they replied to my query as follows:

liam, Nov 09 11:27 am (PST):
Hello,

The reported account has been removed due to inactivity and the username is now available for use. If you have an existing account, you can select this username for your account from your Account Settings page. If you would like to select this username for a new account, you can sign up at https://twitter.com/signup. Please note that usernames are available on a first-come, first-served basis and this username is now available for use in general circulation and may be acquired by another user.

Needless to mention, I did not waste any more time after that! I immediately registered the IbnJuferi account, which as Twitter support said, had been released to public. So now twitter.com/IbnJuferi officially belongs to me and the imposter who started this problem in the first place should know that I am having the last laugh now.